As various electronic communication and transportation tools develop at enormous speed, people travel country to country more often than ever. People in Taiwan go abroad to travel also increase in number year by year. The Department of Internal Affairs estimates that one of every four people goes overseas every year and the demand of health care concerning travel is of greater importance. Higher quality of care is demanded. According to statistic,only one of three people seeks for medical consultation before going abroad, and it is far below the average of the western world.
Although there are some medical units and hospitals provide clinical service of travel medicine, multidisciplinary integration of international health remains much to be achieved in view of general public in Taiwan.
The purpose of the foundation of Taiwan Association of International Health is to achieve the international health care demand of general public so that people can enjoy a comprehensive care no matter when and where they go. The association is aimed to promote international health research and development, to develop international health specialist system in Taiwan, to strengthen contact and exchange with global international health organizations, and to raise quality and standards of international health medical care in Taiwan.
- To promote the academic development of preventive medicine and health management of international health.
- To promote the academic development of international preventive vaccination and disease control.
- To promote the academic development of travel medicine.
- To promote the development of international health specialist system.
- To assist and promote other international health related matters.
Main Activities and Projects
- To hold academic conference Regularly.
- To conduct certification examination & initial screening for re-certification of Taiwanese international health specialist.
- To accredit international health specialist education and to develop residency training programs.
- To implement research projects on behalf of related academic group or government.
- To promote international health specialist system and study on issues of international health policy of World Health Organization(WHO).
- To conduct international cooperation & exchange programs to raise quality of local international health care .
The Association is vested under the Board of Directors, Board of Supervisors and following 5 working committees:
- Specialty certification development committee
- Academy committee
- International affairs committee
- Information committee
- Association development committee